How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Your Home and True Peace of Mind
For many of us living in Spain, our home is a culmination of a life long dream, fantastic weather, a relaxed lifestyle and more for our money. It is easy to believe that once the difficulties of buying a property in a foreign country and all the stress that goes with it, that life will be worry and hassle free. Unfortunately a small percentage of us will become a victim of crime.
It is essential therefore that we all ensure our property has the correct insurance cover should the worst happen and for this you must go to a reputable insurance advisor.
As you well know most companies in Spain offer a number of different products under one roof, but unless you are fluent in Spanish and 100% sure of the cover you are getting for your Euro, insurers would advise that you purchase a policy with the policy wording in your native tongue through a company who are also conversant with the Spanish ways of life.
One of the most important issues is insuring your property contents for the correct amount. Many insurance policies are sold in contents brackets E.g. €15,000 and upwards. At the time of purchase you may feel that this is more than adequate should you need to claim. Have you actually stopped to think of the worst case scenario of a total loss, for example a fire? If you take just a few minutes to go through your home, room by room you will no doubt be amazed at how quickly it adds up and how expensive it would be to replace the lot. Clothes alone for a family of four could easily be in excess of €5,000. Not to mention your freezer stocked full of goodies bought at great expense from the English store for a taste of home.
This is where Ibex Insurance can help you.
Ibex Insurance are market leaders in all aspects of insurance services and specialise in home insurance. Ibex also offer all risks cover on items taken out of the home. Cameras, Jewellery etc which at present not many other insurers offer cover for and if they do, cover is limited to a nominal amount.
This type of cover is essential as many of us like to dress up and join the locals for the fiestas Spain is so well known for. The fiestas do bring out the pickpockets and thieves along with the fireworks and merriment. It is distressing enough to have your handbag stolen but even more so to discover the cost of replacing it and its contents is down to you.
Take just a few moments out of your new lifestyle to visit or call Ibex Insurance and ask for your Ibex policy. Then you truly can relax and sit back and enjoy the dream that you and your family are now living.
Comment on this Blog
More Blogs By Mark Woodward
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Your no claims discount and bonus protection in Spain
- Public Liability Insurance for Dogs (Seguro de Responsabilidad Civil)
- Medical Insurance for your pet
- Travel Insurance : Can you afford to be without cover ?
- Car Insurance Made Easier
- The AIPP's top 10 of 'what not to do' when buying a property in Spain
- Changing your address in Spain
- Dacion en Pago : Handing Your Property Back to the Bank
- Currency Exchange Jargon Explained
- How to Buy a Timeshare in Spain
- How to choose a lawyer when buying your property in Spain
- What is an ICP and Why do I need one ?
- How to choose an area when relocating to Spain
- Preventing Power Surges and Lightning Strikes in Spain
- How Can I Protect Against An Unwise Property Purchase ?
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- How to Apply for a Mortgage in Spain