How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 2 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Public Liability Insurance for Dogs (Seguro de Responsabilidad Civil)
As you have probably seen from other parts of this website there is a considerable amount of concern from pet owners as they try to ascertain if they require liability cover for the breed of dog they own.
The breeds of dog that are required to have public liability cover in Spain are as follows :
* American Staffordshire Terrier
* Pit Bull Terrier
* Dogo Argentino
* Dogue de Bordeaux
* Tibetan Mastiff
* Fila Breasileiro
* Neapolitan Mastiff
* Presa Canario
* Perro de Presa
* Staffordshire Bull Terrier
* Tosa Inu
* Akita Inu
* Any cross breed of the above
* Any dog weighing 20kg or over
Also : Any animal that although it does not belong to one of the breeds above, has a markedly aggressive nature or has attacked either another animal or person in the past.
If you are at all unsure we would recommend a visit to local vet to obtain professional advice.
Police are currently running a spot check campaign to ensure that all dogs are chipped, using a hand held scanner and an on the spot fine is payable. We envisage that this will soon be extended to ensure the animal also has the correct liability cover as well.
Cover is relatively inexpensive so it may be wise to cover your pet regardless of breed, especially as we now live in a society where all accidents however minor seem to result in court cases.
Cover is available for 150000€ liability from as little as 50€ per year for a non dangerous dog.
We can also provide a policy to cover guard and security dogs regardless of breed.
For more information please contact us via our insurance page on this site. As each policy is specific to a certain breed it is likely that we will need for you to supply a few basic details by phone or email to ensure the quote you are given is correct.
More Blogs By Mark Woodward
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Your no claims discount and bonus protection in Spain
- Medical Insurance for your pet
- Travel Insurance : Can you afford to be without cover ?
- Your Home and True Peace of Mind
- Car Insurance Made Easier
- How to Complain About the Police in Spain
- RCDs and your Electrical system in Spain
- Taking Your Dog From Spain to the UK
- Changing your address in Spain
- How to Register on the Padron
- The main differences between a Spanish and UK Mortgage
- How to vote in the Spanish Elections
- How to Complain About Your Lawyer in Spain
- Insuring a vehicle whilst off the road
- Do I Need Medical Insurance for my Dog ?
- Same-Sex Marriage in Spain
- Starting A Business in Spain