How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 27 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Public Liability Insurance for Dogs (Seguro de Responsabilidad Civil)
As you have probably seen from other parts of this website there is a considerable amount of concern from pet owners as they try to ascertain if they require liability cover for the breed of dog they own.
The breeds of dog that are required to have public liability cover in Spain are as follows :
* American Staffordshire Terrier
* Pit Bull Terrier
* Dogo Argentino
* Dogue de Bordeaux
* Tibetan Mastiff
* Fila Breasileiro
* Neapolitan Mastiff
* Presa Canario
* Perro de Presa
* Staffordshire Bull Terrier
* Tosa Inu
* Akita Inu
* Any cross breed of the above
* Any dog weighing 20kg or over
Also : Any animal that although it does not belong to one of the breeds above, has a markedly aggressive nature or has attacked either another animal or person in the past.
If you are at all unsure we would recommend a visit to local vet to obtain professional advice.
Police are currently running a spot check campaign to ensure that all dogs are chipped, using a hand held scanner and an on the spot fine is payable. We envisage that this will soon be extended to ensure the animal also has the correct liability cover as well.
Cover is relatively inexpensive so it may be wise to cover your pet regardless of breed, especially as we now live in a society where all accidents however minor seem to result in court cases.
Cover is available for 150000€ liability from as little as 50€ per year for a non dangerous dog.
We can also provide a policy to cover guard and security dogs regardless of breed.
For more information please contact us via our insurance page on this site. As each policy is specific to a certain breed it is likely that we will need for you to supply a few basic details by phone or email to ensure the quote you are given is correct.
More Blogs By Mark Woodward
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Your no claims discount and bonus protection in Spain
- Medical Insurance for your pet
- Travel Insurance : Can you afford to be without cover ?
- Your Home and True Peace of Mind
- Car Insurance Made Easier
- How to get legal assistance in Spain
- Procedures to follow after a death in Spain
- Community of Residents : When Things go Wrong
- Wealth Tax
- Your car's ITV (Spanish MOT)
- Applying for your Spanish prescription charge reimbursement
- Opening a Bank Account in Spain
- Considerations when buying a Cave House in Spain
- Is Now the Time to Buy Property in Spain ?
- Do I Really Need a Survey When Purchasing a Spanish Property ?
- Your Checklist when moving to Spain