How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
The Pope arrives in Spain
The Pope's visit to Barcelona commences today - 28 years to the day after the visit of John Paul II, where he will consecrate the Sagrada Familia cathedral and visit other religous charities in the city.
He arrived in Spain's second-largest city, where he will spend the night at the Episcopal palace, after having fist visited cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia in order to consecrate it.
More than 6'000 Catholics are expected to attend the Sagrada Familia cathedral when the Pope gives mass this morning. However, in order that everybody could experience the ceremony, 45 television screens have been erected inside the cathedral with a further 22 outside.
After the ceremony, the Pope will have lunch with Spain's 100 Cardinals before making another charity visit. Before flying back to Rome he will meet the King and Queen and president José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero at the airport.
The Pope's visit has attracted much media attention, with many claiming it is unfair for taxpayers' money to be spent on a State visit when many do not supports his values.
A 'queer flash mob' comprising an estimated 12'000 participants, will gather outside Barcelona cathedral, where gay couples from various parts of the country will kiss each other in public as Benedict walks out into the square.
Latest News & Stories
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote
- Spain approves larger U.S. force at base
- Spain struggles to pull together multibillion euro highway bail-out
- Spain airport operator AENA eyes IPO this year
- Spanish Transport Federation Denounces British Transport Tax
- Spain marks 10th anniversary of Madrid bombings
- Spain sees closure of 27 bars per day during crisis
- Spain revamps debt rules to help struggling companies
- Vodafone reaches preliminary deal to buy Spain's Ono
- Applying for Residential Status ( Residencia) - Non- EU Citizens
- Applying for Spanish Citizenship
- Same-Sex Marriage in Spain
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens