How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 29 January 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
The Pope arrives in Spain
The Pope's visit to Barcelona commences today - 28 years to the day after the visit of John Paul II, where he will consecrate the Sagrada Familia cathedral and visit other religous charities in the city.
He arrived in Spain's second-largest city, where he will spend the night at the Episcopal palace, after having fist visited cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia in order to consecrate it.
More than 6'000 Catholics are expected to attend the Sagrada Familia cathedral when the Pope gives mass this morning. However, in order that everybody could experience the ceremony, 45 television screens have been erected inside the cathedral with a further 22 outside.
After the ceremony, the Pope will have lunch with Spain's 100 Cardinals before making another charity visit. Before flying back to Rome he will meet the King and Queen and president José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero at the airport.
The Pope's visit has attracted much media attention, with many claiming it is unfair for taxpayers' money to be spent on a State visit when many do not supports his values.
A 'queer flash mob' comprising an estimated 12'000 participants, will gather outside Barcelona cathedral, where gay couples from various parts of the country will kiss each other in public as Benedict walks out into the square.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish Airports to see 25 days of strike action
- Islamisation "Stronger in Spain than Germany"
- Spanish court charges 10 priests with child sexual abuse
- Albanian named in helicopter crash in Spain suspected of smuggling drugs
- Caja Madrid officials who used “black” cards targeted in investigation
- British Expats Set To Lose Retirement Benefits
- Spain kicks off AENA share sale
- Spain arrests suspected militant cell in north Africa
- Murcia's San Javier Airport "to close within 6 months of Corvera opening"
- New Survey: The Future Looks Bright for Expat Workers
- Applying for Residential Status ( Residencia) - Non- EU Citizens
- Applying for Spanish Citizenship
- Same-Sex Marriage in Spain
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens