How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 20 January 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain to force savings banks to list
Spain is planning to force its regional savings banks to become conventional banks and seek stock market listings, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters.
The state-backed bank restructuring fund (FROB) would then take stakes in the banks which fail to attract private investment, the source said.
The debt-laden savings banks and a possibly expensive rescue are seen as major risks for Spain's government as it aggressively cuts its budget deficit.
The Bank of Spain and the government are at odds over whether a change in law is required to speed the reform of Spain's regional banks, separating their financial businesses and social activities, El Pais newspaper reported.
government will announce a change in law to speed their reform before the end of the month, the paper said, citing sources close to the Bank of Spain.
Spain hopes the regional banks can raise private capital, reducing their need for a capital injection from the government. The cajas could need 40-50 billion euros more capital to plug losses from soaring property debts, Evolution Securities said in a recent note.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish hotel boss warns sector is feeling first effects of Brexit
- Two weeks into 2017, Mediterranean migrant deaths rise on last year
- Spanish court jails 4 ex-bankers for misappropriation
- Brussels sees Spain's 2017 budget broadly in line with EU rules
- Government, opposition reach deal on “floor clause” refunds for mortgage holders
- EU tells Spain to brace for cuts due to likely 2017 deficit target miss
- A nominee emerges in battle to head Spain’s leaderless Socialists
- Murcia's San Javier Airport Passenger Numbers up 2.7%
- Spanish ambassador to UK resigns over 2003 military air crash
- Bodies of five migrants found off Spain's southern coast