How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 23 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain to force savings banks to list
Spain is planning to force its regional savings banks to become conventional banks and seek stock market listings, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters.
The state-backed bank restructuring fund (FROB) would then take stakes in the banks which fail to attract private investment, the source said.
The debt-laden savings banks and a possibly expensive rescue are seen as major risks for Spain's government as it aggressively cuts its budget deficit.
The Bank of Spain and the government are at odds over whether a change in law is required to speed the reform of Spain's regional banks, separating their financial businesses and social activities, El Pais newspaper reported.
government will announce a change in law to speed their reform before the end of the month, the paper said, citing sources close to the Bank of Spain.
Spain hopes the regional banks can raise private capital, reducing their need for a capital injection from the government. The cajas could need 40-50 billion euros more capital to plug losses from soaring property debts, Evolution Securities said in a recent note.
Latest News & Stories
- Paramount Exec maintains support for Murcia theme park
- Spain's average Electric bill up 19% since January
- Earthquake off Canary Islands Measuring 4.4
- Madrid considers appealing Catalan referendum bid
- Spain defends Canary Island oil proposal
- Fitch Affirms Spain at 'BBB+' Outlook Stable
- Spain's Bankia 9 month forecast up 93%
- Why Spain's Poor Fear Goldman Sachs : Report
- How Spain's Social Housing Imploded
- Spain's AENA prospectus filing postponed