How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Bankinter 2010 profit below forecast - down 41%
Bankinter, Spain's smallest-blue chip bank, missed forecasts with a 41 percent fall in full-year net profit, hit by higher financing costs and greater provisions against bad loans.
Bankinter shares were down 1.6 % in early trading.
Spanish banks have been suffering rising levels of unpaid loans in an ailing economy and amid a deposit price war started to secure funds from retail accounts.
Bankinter said 2010 net profit fell to 151 million euros, compared with an average forecast for 164 million in a Reuters poll in which estimates were in a 150-202 million range.
Net interest income fell 31 % percent to 550 million euros, in line with the 552 million forecast.
The bank made provisions of 990 million euros against bad loans and falling asset prices, up 13 %. Bad property debt represents 2.4 % of total loans.
The percentage of bad loans to total loans was 2.87 % at end-December, much less than the sector average for the Spanish banking system at end-November of 5.68 %.
Latest News & Stories
- Repsol to start searching for oil off Canary Islands coast by end of year
- eBay's StubHub sting ringleader detained in Spain
- More than 1,000 would-be migrants attempt Melilla fence jump
- Vodafone, Orange update FTTH agreement following Ono deal
- Iberdrola Profit Drops as Spain Renewable Subsidy Cuts Hit
- Bank of Spain Says Growth Accelerated in Q2
- Spain's Prado loses 885 peices of art
- BBVA expects profit boost from Catalunya Banc purchase
- Spain sets rules for dealing with unaccompanied foreign children
- Catalan Separatists Say Debt Investors Can Help Campaign