How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Friday 28 August 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Bankinter 2010 profit below forecast - down 41%
Bankinter, Spain's smallest-blue chip bank, missed forecasts with a 41 percent fall in full-year net profit, hit by higher financing costs and greater provisions against bad loans.
Bankinter shares were down 1.6 % in early trading.
Spanish banks have been suffering rising levels of unpaid loans in an ailing economy and amid a deposit price war started to secure funds from retail accounts.
Bankinter said 2010 net profit fell to 151 million euros, compared with an average forecast for 164 million in a Reuters poll in which estimates were in a 150-202 million range.
Net interest income fell 31 % percent to 550 million euros, in line with the 552 million forecast.
The bank made provisions of 990 million euros against bad loans and falling asset prices, up 13 %. Bad property debt represents 2.4 % of total loans.
The percentage of bad loans to total loans was 2.87 % at end-December, much less than the sector average for the Spanish banking system at end-November of 5.68 %.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain confident its Gibraltar tough policy is 'bearing fruit' and will continue
- Spain accuses suspect of running Islamic State network Morocco
- Consumption drives Spanish economy to grow in Q2
- Separatist says independent Catalonia would leave EU temporarily
- La Tomatina sets record on 70th Birthday
- Catalan citizenship offer enrages authorities in Valencia and Aragon
- Rajoy : "China volatility will not affect Spain forecasts"
- Spain, Morocco arrest 14 suspected of recruiting for ISIS
- Mosquito Virus Detected In Spain
- Disruptive Passenger Billed £2.7k for Flight Delay Cost