How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 1 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Bankinter 2010 profit below forecast - down 41%
Bankinter, Spain's smallest-blue chip bank, missed forecasts with a 41 percent fall in full-year net profit, hit by higher financing costs and greater provisions against bad loans.
Bankinter shares were down 1.6 % in early trading.
Spanish banks have been suffering rising levels of unpaid loans in an ailing economy and amid a deposit price war started to secure funds from retail accounts.
Bankinter said 2010 net profit fell to 151 million euros, compared with an average forecast for 164 million in a Reuters poll in which estimates were in a 150-202 million range.
Net interest income fell 31 % percent to 550 million euros, in line with the 552 million forecast.
The bank made provisions of 990 million euros against bad loans and falling asset prices, up 13 %. Bad property debt represents 2.4 % of total loans.
The percentage of bad loans to total loans was 2.87 % at end-December, much less than the sector average for the Spanish banking system at end-November of 5.68 %.
Latest News & Stories
- US developer planning mega-resort outside Madrid
- Spain to hike taxes on tobacco, alcohol and soft drinks to raise €8 billion
- Spain PM says must maintain policy of fiscal consolidation
- Bullish Spanish opposition calls on government to repeal “gag law”
- Spain's consumer prices rise 0.7 pct in Oct
- Lidl opens pop-up restaurant in Madrid
- Spanish economy to maintain growth rate in fourth quarter - economy minister
- 80% of Spaniards aged under 30 are still living with their parents
- Why does Spain collect less income tax than its EU neighbors ?