How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations in the UK aswell as on residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Cactus Language has a program to suit your needs!
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
EU watchdog charges Oneworld pact
A pact to cooperate on schedules and prices between British Airways, American Airlines and Iberia may have violated EU antitrust rules, European Union antitrust regulators said on Friday.
The airlines, part of the Oneworld alliance, had planned their trans-atlantic tie-up to take advantage of the U.S/EU "Open Skies" agreement, with the focus on routes between the United States, Mexico, Canada, the EU, Norway and Switzerland.
The European Commission, which in April launched a probe into both the Oneworld alliance and the Star Alliance, made up of Air Canada, Continental Airlines, Lufthansa and United Airlines, said it had sent a charge sheet to the Oneworld members.
"The Commission's statement of objections concerns agreements ... regarding the coordination of the parties' commercial, operational and marketing activities in relation to passenger traffic on trans-atlantic routes" the EU executive said in a statement.
Virgin Atlantic on Friday said the antitrust concerns were justified.
" This alliance between British Airways and American Airlines is a monster monopoly which, if given the go-ahead, will allow these dominant carriers to increase their stranglehold at Heathrow by setting prices and agreeing schedules" Virgin's chief executive, Steve Ridgway, said in a statement.
The Commission, the EU competition watchdog, said its investigation into the Star Alliance was continuing.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spain property eviction numbers questioned
- Naked Bullfighting Protest in Barcelona
- Jetset Lifestyle of Spanish Builders Crashes
- Spanish regulator to probe Bankia share trading
- Spain's cost of borrowing increases for first time in 4 months
- British Consulate to hold event for victims of Domestic Violence
- Spain Tries to Offload Engineers to Brazil
- Spain Bad Bank Begins Sale of Property Assets
- Former Spanish PM Aznar Set for Comeback
- Spain Wastes €680 Million on Submarines That Sink