How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 01 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain calls on European Banking Authority to ditch new tests
Spain, along with France and Germany, is calling upon the European Commission not to go ahead with proposals for tougher stress tests on European banks.
El Pais reports that as many as 14 Spanish Banks and Cajas would fail the proposed test under the new criteria which the European Banking Authority is proposing. The proposed tests would require a 7% tier 1 capital ratio with the European economy in recession and the value of sovereign debt holdings written down.
The European Banking authority may even increase the capital requirement to 9%, the newspaper added, which would see the majority of Spanish Banks failing the test.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain new car sales up 13.7 pct yr/yr in August
- AENA blames this weekend's flight delays on computer crash
- Britain's Barclays to sell Spanish assets to Caixabank
- Corvera Airline Deadline Slips Again, Airline Confirms Interest
- Civil Guards suspected of stealing pro-independence Catalan flag
- Ryanair eyes stake in Spanish Airports listing
- Gibraltar "Costs Spain EU1 Bln per year in Taxes"
- Bank of Spain : Current Account Balance Plummets in June y-on-y
- Spain Cleric : "Death to the Jews"
- Spain Fears Deflation
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Bank Charges in Spain