How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update-29 April 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Murcia Hoteliers call on Ministry of Tourism to promote the region
The Association of Hotels and Tourist Accommodation(HOSTETUR) for the Costa Calida has called for tourism in the region to be promoted in emerging markets such as Russia, Poland and other Eastern Europe countries to try to increase the appeal of the region.
Currently international visitors to the Costa Calida represent just 13% of all visitors at present, the number of international visitors, whereas the association is aiming to acheive a figure closer to 30%.
Visitor numbers to the area have been falling for the last four years, and not even the rise of foreign tourism in 2011 for the country as a whole has had the desired impact in the Region of Murcia, because of its 'low appeal' in the tourism industry.
After considering tourist industry data from 2011 to date, the business association of hotels in the Costa Calida has concerns over stagnation and low profitability and has therefore requests that Ministry of Tourism increased its efforts in promoting the regions to new markets.
The association also cite the imminent opening of the new international airport at Corvera as a reason for promoting the area. The airport will need to generate sufficient traffic to justify remaining operational until the Paramount theme parks opens it's foors in three years time.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain sees GDP growth of 2.5 pct in 2018, 2019
- Prosecutor will use Manos Limpias arrest to get royal out of fraud trial
- EU intervention sought over UK-Spain Gibraltar airport row
- Spain breaks its own record for joblessness of over 20%
- Bank of Spain sees private consumption growth steady at start of year
- “Human fecal contamination” at origin of bottled water health scare
- Catholic nuns undergo virginity test to prove priest's innocence in sex abuse case
- EU may fine Spain for missing budget targets
- Leader of Manos Limpias union wants to withdraw all court cases
- Civil Guard officer arrested for shooting driver over traffic spat