How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 30 September 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
INE report falling Spanish life expectancy rate
Spain's National Institute of Statistics (INE) has reported how the average life expectancy for those living in Spain fell between July 2010 to June 2011.
Although the decrease was negligible - a dop of just 0.8% - it was significant due to it breaking a trend of increasing life expectancies going back almost 50 years.
"Although we are talking about a drop of hundredths, possibly irrelevant in principle, you have to pay attention to the fall, because it breaks an almost 50-year tendency of rises in life expectancy," said demographer Albert Esteve of Barcelona's Autónoma University.
The average life expectancy for men fell from 78.94 years in July 2010 to 78.87 in June 2011, with the average fow women falling from 84.91 to 84.82.
The combined average for both sexes fell from 82.67 to 81.87 over the same period.
The INE suggested that the changes may be due to the influence of adverse weather conditions.
Latest News & Stories
- What exactly is 'QROPS' ?
- How can I claim my Winter Fuel Allowance ?
- Claiming a Spanish or UK Pension in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain