How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Unemployment in Spain now at 18 year high
Spain's National Institute of Statistics (INE) released a report earlier today showing how the country's unemployment figure has now reached 24.4% - the highest level it has been at in 18 years.
The figure increased from the 22.9% level recorded during the first quarter of 2012, and higher than the 23.8% average predicted by a poll of three analysts, surveyed by Bloomberg.
Last week the Bank of Spain confirmed that Europe's fourth largest economy has now entered it's second recession since 2009.
A report issued last week by FUNCAS - an association of the country's savings banks - predicted that unemployment would rise to 24.5% before the end of 201 .
The Government has pledged to reduce the budget gap to 5.3% of GDP in 2012 from 8.5%in 2011 and by more than 2 percentage points next year to get within the EU's 3% limit.
The IMF said on April 17th it expects budget deficits to persist in Spain, where the economic recession will be deeper than in other euro-region countries. The IMF forecasts a shortfall of 6% of GDP in 2012, narrowing to 4.1% in 2017.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now
- Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Spain
- Benefits in Spain and 'La Ley de Dependencia'
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain