How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 28 July 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Unemployment in Spain now at 18 year high
Spain's National Institute of Statistics (INE) released a report earlier today showing how the country's unemployment figure has now reached 24.4% - the highest level it has been at in 18 years.
The figure increased from the 22.9% level recorded during the first quarter of 2012, and higher than the 23.8% average predicted by a poll of three analysts, surveyed by Bloomberg.
Last week the Bank of Spain confirmed that Europe's fourth largest economy has now entered it's second recession since 2009.
A report issued last week by FUNCAS - an association of the country's savings banks - predicted that unemployment would rise to 24.5% before the end of 201 .
The Government has pledged to reduce the budget gap to 5.3% of GDP in 2012 from 8.5%in 2011 and by more than 2 percentage points next year to get within the EU's 3% limit.
The IMF said on April 17th it expects budget deficits to persist in Spain, where the economic recession will be deeper than in other euro-region countries. The IMF forecasts a shortfall of 6% of GDP in 2012, narrowing to 4.1% in 2017.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain’s six leading banks all set to pass the EU’s stress tests
- EU Drops Fiscal Fines and Sanctions against Spain
- EU Orders Spain to Recover Rail Test State Aid
- Spain Registers First Zika Virus Birth in Europe
- Tensions Heat Up Between NATO Allies as Spain and UK Spat Over Gibraltar
- Spain poised to grow 2.9 percent in 2016
- Vodafone Spain service revenues up for 1st time since 2008
- Manifesto calls on politicians to avoid third election
- Spain’s Audit Office says €300 million a year being paid to deceased pensioners
- New flights announced Birmingham - Spain
- Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Spain
- Benefits in Spain and 'La Ley de Dependencia'
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain