How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 1 October 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Unemployment in Spain now at 18 year high
Spain's National Institute of Statistics (INE) released a report earlier today showing how the country's unemployment figure has now reached 24.4% - the highest level it has been at in 18 years.
The figure increased from the 22.9% level recorded during the first quarter of 2012, and higher than the 23.8% average predicted by a poll of three analysts, surveyed by Bloomberg.
Last week the Bank of Spain confirmed that Europe's fourth largest economy has now entered it's second recession since 2009.
A report issued last week by FUNCAS - an association of the country's savings banks - predicted that unemployment would rise to 24.5% before the end of 201 .
The Government has pledged to reduce the budget gap to 5.3% of GDP in 2012 from 8.5%in 2011 and by more than 2 percentage points next year to get within the EU's 3% limit.
The IMF said on April 17th it expects budget deficits to persist in Spain, where the economic recession will be deeper than in other euro-region countries. The IMF forecasts a shortfall of 6% of GDP in 2012, narrowing to 4.1% in 2017.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain new car sales up 26.2 pct yr/yr in Sept
- 31 arrested in joint Bulgaria-Spain ATM fraud operation
- Galica town hall targeted with explosive device
- Paramount Murcia : 4 Octobers of Nothing Much
- Corvera Certificates required end 2014, or new application required
- Catalonia suspends referendum campaign
- Fitch's praises Spain's Banks, forecasts property prices stabilize : Report
- Spain to Borrow EU242 Bln in 2015 as Debt Reaches 100% of GDP
- Carrefour Spain gives IVA discounts to young people
- Spain August retail sales rise 0.4% year on year
- Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Spain
- Benefits in Spain and 'La Ley de Dependencia'
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain