How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 10 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Tax amnesty leaves loophole favouring money-launderers
The Ministry of Finance website has published the draft declaration form to qualify for the tax amnesty, approved by the Government last March, to allow any previously undeclared income to be taken into account by paying a surcharge / penalty of just 10%.
There was however, uncertainty surrounding the issue of previously undeclared sums held as cash. The Treasury now advises that taxpayers must deposit these notes into a bank account before filing the special amnesty tax return.
Interestingly, the draft ministerial order does not include any measures for the declaration of the origin of the funds, which leaves this measure open to exploitation by money launderers.
The Government expects to generate 2.5 Million Euros in revenue by application of this measure, together with changes in personal incomes tax, corporation tax and non-residents taxes, with a dealine of the 30th of November being issued for all back-taxes to be paid without penalty before the amnesty ends and criminal prosecutions may be undertaken.
Latest News & Stories
- Legal bid over expats' voting rights could delay Scottish independence referendum
- Spanish Court Kicks Out Ryanair Unfair dismissal Claim
- Two bank executives win court battle over compensation
- Change in prenup laws could benefit expats
- Europe's regional airports struggle as traffic shifts to hubs
- Amazon opens 1,200 collection points across Spain
- Spain industrial output grows for 3rd straight month in January
- Spain warns of high risk of new Islamist attacks
- Financial Impact of Corvera Airport on Murcia Questioned
- 1 in 4 Spanish women have experienced abuse : EU survey
- Understanding Complementary Tax
- Wealth Tax
- What is the IBI Tax and How is it Calculated ?
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain