How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 9 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Tax amnesty leaves loophole favouring money-launderers
The Ministry of Finance website has published the draft declaration form to qualify for the tax amnesty, approved by the Government last March, to allow any previously undeclared income to be taken into account by paying a surcharge / penalty of just 10%.
There was however, uncertainty surrounding the issue of previously undeclared sums held as cash. The Treasury now advises that taxpayers must deposit these notes into a bank account before filing the special amnesty tax return.
Interestingly, the draft ministerial order does not include any measures for the declaration of the origin of the funds, which leaves this measure open to exploitation by money launderers.
The Government expects to generate 2.5 Million Euros in revenue by application of this measure, together with changes in personal incomes tax, corporation tax and non-residents taxes, with a dealine of the 30th of November being issued for all back-taxes to be paid without penalty before the amnesty ends and criminal prosecutions may be undertaken.
Latest News & Stories
- Spainís struggling Socialists could have a new leader by summer
- Lycamobile Spain unlimited calls, 3GB bundle down to EUR 10
- Apple Pay launches in Spain
- Spain detains 30 in operation targetting illegal firearms
- Spain's Tuenti launches festive promo, offers 4GB for EUR 14
- Two left dead by torrential rains and flooding in southern Spain
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years
- Understanding Complementary Tax
- Wealth Tax
- What is the IBI Tax and How is it Calculated ?
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain