How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Tax amnesty leaves loophole favouring money-launderers
The Ministry of Finance website has published the draft declaration form to qualify for the tax amnesty, approved by the Government last March, to allow any previously undeclared income to be taken into account by paying a surcharge / penalty of just 10%.
There was however, uncertainty surrounding the issue of previously undeclared sums held as cash. The Treasury now advises that taxpayers must deposit these notes into a bank account before filing the special amnesty tax return.
Interestingly, the draft ministerial order does not include any measures for the declaration of the origin of the funds, which leaves this measure open to exploitation by money launderers.
The Government expects to generate 2.5 Million Euros in revenue by application of this measure, together with changes in personal incomes tax, corporation tax and non-residents taxes, with a dealine of the 30th of November being issued for all back-taxes to be paid without penalty before the amnesty ends and criminal prosecutions may be undertaken.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Unemployment to take decade to recover
- Less vehicles in Spain travel toll roads
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spain’s roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- Five Spanish regions top EU unemployment table for 2013
- Bank of Spain denies report of stress tests this month
- Expats capitalising on rising UK house prices
- Understanding Complementary Tax
- Wealth Tax
- What is the IBI Tax and How is it Calculated ?
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain