How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 29 August 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Moody's: developments in Spain may prompt further downgrades
Recent developments in Spain and Greece could lead to rating reviews and actions on many of the euro area countries, says Moody's Investors Service in the report "Rating Euro Area Governments Through Extraordinary Times - Implications of Spain's bank recapitalisation needs and the rising risk of a Greek Exit".
As Spain moves closer to the need for direct external support from its European partners, the increased risk to the country's creditors may prompt further rating actions. The official estimates of recapitalising Spain's banking system have risen significantly and the country's indirect reliance on European Central Bank (ECB) funding via its banks has been growing. Moody's is assessing the implications of these increased pressures and will take any rating actions necessary to reflect the risk to Spanish government creditors. Moody's rating onSpain is currently A3 with a negative outlook.
However, Spain's banking problem is largely specific to the country and is not likely to be a major source of contagion to other euro area countries, except for Italy, which likewise has a growing funding reliance on the ECB through its banks.
Latest News & Stories
- Civil Guards suspected of stealing pro-independence Catalan flag
- Ryanair eyes stake in Spanish Airports listing
- Gibraltar "Costs Spain EU1 Bln per year in Taxes"
- Bank of Spain : Current Account Balance Plummets in June y-on-y
- Spain Cleric : "Death to the Jews"
- Spain Fears Deflation
- Fitch's reviews Murcia's credit rating
- Report Into Number of Foreign Autonomos in Spain
- Happy Birthday Teruel Airport
- Spain on alert over new biker gangs
- What is the Euribor ?
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain
- When you canít pay the Mortgage