How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 14 October 2014
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Gov't report slams Castellon Airport
A recently released hard-hitting report paints a gloomy picture for the future of Castellon Airport - assuming of course that it opens as promised, by Jan 1st 2013.
A detailed study of the Tourism sector of Castellon was recently undertaken by the Ministry of Labour's Observatory of Occupation department. The annual report concluded that excessive property development - including the airport - has been focussed around the 'unrealistic expectations' of tourism sector in the province.
The document notes that these expectations were based on the 'boom years' when Castellon was promoting a number of world class golf courses, on the back of which they hoped to sell a number of off plan properties, launch a niche tourism industry and operate a financially viable airport. Five years down the line the many developments remain unsold, the Golf courses un-built, the tourists nowhere to be seen and the airport un-operational.
The study concludes that gamble failed due to "a lack of total sector modernization", and that Castellon was "in a poor competitive position" compared to other provinces.
Data for the report was obtained from the Public Employment Service, the National Institute of Statistics, the Valencian Employment & training Service, and other public bodies, and found that the sector has other problems, such as "a heavy reliance on the domestic market."
Latest News & Stories
- Thousands of Catalans crowd Barcelona to call for early elections
- Jet2 linked to Castellon Airport
- Lidl Spain Defends Underpricing WIne
- Seville school faces trial for refusing of gay couple’s child
- Spain bad loans ratio rises to 13.2% in August
- Spanish court orders ex-bankers to deposit millions of euros
- Spain Wins UN Security Council Seat
- 2 Spain Ebola Suspects Test Negative
- 6 Murcia Police Officers Accused of Murder
- Spanish Authorities beat asylum seeker unconscious
- Trains in Spain
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- Car Rental in Spain