How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 March 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Gov't report slams Castellon Airport
A recently released hard-hitting report paints a gloomy picture for the future of Castellon Airport - assuming of course that it opens as promised, by Jan 1st 2013.
A detailed study of the Tourism sector of Castellon was recently undertaken by the Ministry of Labour's Observatory of Occupation department. The annual report concluded that excessive property development - including the airport - has been focussed around the 'unrealistic expectations' of tourism sector in the province.
The document notes that these expectations were based on the 'boom years' when Castellon was promoting a number of world class golf courses, on the back of which they hoped to sell a number of off plan properties, launch a niche tourism industry and operate a financially viable airport. Five years down the line the many developments remain unsold, the Golf courses un-built, the tourists nowhere to be seen and the airport un-operational.
The study concludes that gamble failed due to "a lack of total sector modernization", and that Castellon was "in a poor competitive position" compared to other provinces.
Data for the report was obtained from the Public Employment Service, the National Institute of Statistics, the Valencian Employment & training Service, and other public bodies, and found that the sector has other problems, such as "a heavy reliance on the domestic market."
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Insists U.K. Agree Brexit Bill Before Starting Trade Talks
- Spain's 2016 deficit expected to be below 4.6 pct target
- Spanish union welcomes Vodafone Spain, Telefonica fibre deal
- What a ‘no deal’ Brexit would mean for healthcare of British pensioners in Spain
- Spanish PM warns opposition lack of support could force new elections
- Spanish opposition blocks dockers reform in blow to government
- Spain economy seen growing at least 0.7 quarter-on-quarter in Q1
- The number of Spaniards living abroad has risen for the eighth year in a row
- Trains in Spain
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- Car Rental in Spain