How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 23 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish property 'still on downwards trend'
Anyone looking to relocate to Spain might be inclined to buy houses there but could be waiting for the market to hit the bottom.
Property-Abroad.com director Les Calvert suggested potential buyers are "still a bit twitchy about as to when to take that leap".
Nobody wants to purchase real estate in a falling market, he pointed out, predicting that investors will either try to "jump in on the way up" or "call the bottom".
Many potential buyers are "unwilling to take that actual final step" and pay for a house, the expert remarked, arguing they are afraid of "buying on a downward trend".
Currently, house values are still declining, although there is an "increased tension" as many people think prices will not fall much further.
According to TINSA, the annual decline in Spansih property values reached 11.2% in July, with this hitting 14% in the Canary Islands and Balearics.
Click here to read More News Stories by Expatriate Healthcare?
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Sees Cost of Petrol and Diesel Fall
- Spanish Students Protest for 3 Consecutive Days
- Spain's Bankinter profit up 31.6%
- Bank of Spain sees Q3 GDP growth at 0.5 pct q/q
- Spanish unemployment falls to 3 year low
- Spain to invest €864m in ports in 2015
- PP seeks to legalise spot deportations of illegal immigrants
- Catalan Finance Chief Open to 'Scottish Solution' in Spain
- Spain sees foreign visitor numbers up 7.4% 2014 y-t-d
- Iberdrola Profit Declines After Spain Cuts Renewable Subsidies
- Buying from an Estate Agent vs a Property Finder
- An Introduction to Alternative Property Purchase Schemes
- How to Apply for a Mortgage in Spain