How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 24 April 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Cabinet to approve EU fiscal stability report today
The Cabinet is due to meet later this afternoon to approve the final version of the fiscal report which all EU member states must prepare to show they are serious about tackling their debt and sticking to deficit rules.
This 'stability report' includes plans for billions of euros in spending cuts and tax increases, which the government hopes will enable it to meet the fiscal targets set by the European Commission, the EU executive body that polices fiscal discipline in the 27-nation bloc.
The European Commission has given Spain until April 30th to submit the report.
Much of the detail of the report is already known and has been agreed upon, however the Commission will use it as a tool to monitor the commitment of the government in lowering its budget deficit to 5.3% of GDP for 2012 from 8.5% of GDP last year. If the commission wants changes, often the case with stability reports, it is expected to propose them in the coming weeks.
Latest News & Stories
- Corvera's SACYR to raise €416 mln in shares
- Argentina OKs settlement with Spain's Repsol over YPF
- Spain: Protests and the suffocating embrace of the law
- Spain's Caixa, Sabadell signal turnaround with bad debt falls
- Spanish yields hit new lows as economy accelerates
- Bankinter profit rise sets positive tone for Spain's banks
- Catalan leader to call independence vote despite Madrid resistance
- Spain "Violated Human Rights of Illegal Immigrants" : ECHR
- Spain to cut 2014 net debt issuance on higher tax revenue
- A fifth of British expats in Spain left last year
- What is the Euribor ?
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business