How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Monday 23 January 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Cabinet to approve EU fiscal stability report today
The Cabinet is due to meet later this afternoon to approve the final version of the fiscal report which all EU member states must prepare to show they are serious about tackling their debt and sticking to deficit rules.
This 'stability report' includes plans for billions of euros in spending cuts and tax increases, which the government hopes will enable it to meet the fiscal targets set by the European Commission, the EU executive body that polices fiscal discipline in the 27-nation bloc.
The European Commission has given Spain until April 30th to submit the report.
Much of the detail of the report is already known and has been agreed upon, however the Commission will use it as a tool to monitor the commitment of the government in lowering its budget deficit to 5.3% of GDP for 2012 from 8.5% of GDP last year. If the commission wants changes, often the case with stability reports, it is expected to propose them in the coming weeks.
Latest News & Stories
- Rising oil prices threaten Spain’s economic growth model
- Spanish bank count 3 billion euro cost of mortgage refunds
- Almost 500 people arrested in Spain for animal abuse in 2016: new report
- Spain's Sabadell sees up to 490-mln-euro hit from mortgage floor contacts
- Spanish hotel boss warns sector is feeling first effects of Brexit
- Two weeks into 2017, Mediterranean migrant deaths rise on last year
- Spanish court jails 4 ex-bankers for misappropriation
- Brussels sees Spain's 2017 budget broadly in line with EU rules
- Government, opposition reach deal on “floor clause” refunds for mortgage holders
- EU tells Spain to brace for cuts due to likely 2017 deficit target miss
- What is the Euribor ?
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business