How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 22 March 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Cabinet to approve EU fiscal stability report today
The Cabinet is due to meet later this afternoon to approve the final version of the fiscal report which all EU member states must prepare to show they are serious about tackling their debt and sticking to deficit rules.
This 'stability report' includes plans for billions of euros in spending cuts and tax increases, which the government hopes will enable it to meet the fiscal targets set by the European Commission, the EU executive body that polices fiscal discipline in the 27-nation bloc.
The European Commission has given Spain until April 30th to submit the report.
Much of the detail of the report is already known and has been agreed upon, however the Commission will use it as a tool to monitor the commitment of the government in lowering its budget deficit to 5.3% of GDP for 2012 from 8.5% of GDP last year. If the commission wants changes, often the case with stability reports, it is expected to propose them in the coming weeks.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Insists U.K. Agree Brexit Bill Before Starting Trade Talks
- Spain's 2016 deficit expected to be below 4.6 pct target
- Spanish union welcomes Vodafone Spain, Telefonica fibre deal
- What a ‘no deal’ Brexit would mean for healthcare of British pensioners in Spain
- Spanish PM warns opposition lack of support could force new elections
- Spanish opposition blocks dockers reform in blow to government
- Spain economy seen growing at least 0.7 quarter-on-quarter in Q1
- The number of Spaniards living abroad has risen for the eighth year in a row
- What is the Euribor ?
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business