How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 21 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Cabinet to approve EU fiscal stability report today
The Cabinet is due to meet later this afternoon to approve the final version of the fiscal report which all EU member states must prepare to show they are serious about tackling their debt and sticking to deficit rules.
This 'stability report' includes plans for billions of euros in spending cuts and tax increases, which the government hopes will enable it to meet the fiscal targets set by the European Commission, the EU executive body that polices fiscal discipline in the 27-nation bloc.
The European Commission has given Spain until April 30th to submit the report.
Much of the detail of the report is already known and has been agreed upon, however the Commission will use it as a tool to monitor the commitment of the government in lowering its budget deficit to 5.3% of GDP for 2012 from 8.5% of GDP last year. If the commission wants changes, often the case with stability reports, it is expected to propose them in the coming weeks.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain ‘certain’ UK backed its Security Council bid
- Spanish Regional Gov't Enforces Mushroom Protection Law
- Spain's AENA Rejects Renegotiation of Duty Free Contracts
- US Pop star delays visit to 'Ebola-Stricken Spain'
- Biometric Security to be implemented at Spain-Gibraltar border
- Murcia to pay EU7 Mln in Corvera Airport Interest by end 2014
- Easyjet Flight to Malaga "too heavy to fly"
- 12.3% of Working Spaniards "Under Poverty Line"
- "Only Catalan premier can call early elections"
- 50 immigrants breach Spain's African frontier
- What is the Euribor ?
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business