How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update-24 March 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Government clamp down on civil servant absenteeism
The Government has suggested that civil servants should not receive their full salaries during periods of absenteeism.
As part of their on-going reform, proposals have been sent to the European Commission for approval, where if accepted employees access to sick pay and temporary disability pay may be limited during the first 90 days of absence from work.
It is also proposed that salaries will not be paid in cases of unjustified absence or in cases where the employee fails to attend a medical examination at the request of the employer.
The Government notes that there is a much higher rate of absenteeism in the public sector than the private sector - much of which is unjustified - and which has a negative affect on work productivity and places an unfair burden on colleagues covering any absence.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Insists U.K. Agree Brexit Bill Before Starting Trade Talks
- Spain's 2016 deficit expected to be below 4.6 pct target
- Spanish union welcomes Vodafone Spain, Telefonica fibre deal
- What a ‘no deal’ Brexit would mean for healthcare of British pensioners in Spain
- Spanish PM warns opposition lack of support could force new elections
- Spanish opposition blocks dockers reform in blow to government
- Spain economy seen growing at least 0.7 quarter-on-quarter in Q1
- The number of Spaniards living abroad has risen for the eighth year in a row
- Claiming Sickness Benefit as an Autonomo - Self Employed worker
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Employing Staff in Spain