How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 5 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Government clamp down on civil servant absenteeism
The Government has suggested that civil servants should not receive their full salaries during periods of absenteeism.
As part of their on-going reform, proposals have been sent to the European Commission for approval, where if accepted employees access to sick pay and temporary disability pay may be limited during the first 90 days of absence from work.
It is also proposed that salaries will not be paid in cases of unjustified absence or in cases where the employee fails to attend a medical examination at the request of the employer.
The Government notes that there is a much higher rate of absenteeism in the public sector than the private sector - much of which is unjustified - and which has a negative affect on work productivity and places an unfair burden on colleagues covering any absence.
Latest News & Stories
- British expats in Europe living in fear of Brexit
- Bank of Spain sees rise in downside growth risks in last few months
- Unemployment drops in April as holiday season underway
- Expat Fraudster 'too pregnant' to face UK Court
- Spain issues warrants for Russian officials alleged to be linked to crime gang
- Brussels lowers Spain’s public deficit forecast
- Spain new car sales rise 21.2 pct y/y in April
- Spanish Journos facing jail over Police leaks
- King Felipe to call further election on Tuesday
- Spain's Tourist Tax : Deterring Holidaymakers ?
- Claiming Sickness Benefit as an Autonomo - Self Employed worker
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Employing Staff in Spain