How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 22 May 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Government clamp down on civil servant absenteeism
The Government has suggested that civil servants should not receive their full salaries during periods of absenteeism.
As part of their on-going reform, proposals have been sent to the European Commission for approval, where if accepted employees access to sick pay and temporary disability pay may be limited during the first 90 days of absence from work.
It is also proposed that salaries will not be paid in cases of unjustified absence or in cases where the employee fails to attend a medical examination at the request of the employer.
The Government notes that there is a much higher rate of absenteeism in the public sector than the private sector - much of which is unjustified - and which has a negative affect on work productivity and places an unfair burden on colleagues covering any absence.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain bans ‘Indignados’ march planned for Saturday in Madrid
- Spain announces EU1.26 Bln suburban rail spend
- Spain to make another EU bailout repayment
- EC migrant quota assigned to Spain "
- Rajoy: “Who’s talking about bailouts, recession or unemployment?”
- Spain's Jazztel tops customer complaints list
- Spain e-commerce sales up 25% to EUR 4.1 bln in Q3
- Sabadell given EU clearance for TSB acquisition
- Spain's De Guindos says confident of Greek deal shortly
- Spanish Police arrest gang accused of trying to force immigrant to sell kidney
- Claiming Sickness Benefit as an Autonomo - Self Employed worker
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Employing Staff in Spain