How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 11 February 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
37 of AENA's 47 Airports lost money in 2011
Spanish daily newspaper Expansion has reported how, despite have it's 2nd best year on record for passsenger numbers in 2011, just 1 in 5 of AENA's network of airports is profitable.
Whilst seeing a 6% growth in numbers on 2010 to reach 204 million passengers, the company still managed to return a loss of 200 million euros in 2011.
Of the 47 airports in the entire network, only ten managed to avoid operating at a loss, which coincided with being busier airports popular with tourists : Alicante; Bilbao; Fuerteventura; Ibiza; Lanzarote; Gran Canaria; Palma de Mallorca; Tenerife; Seville and Valencia.
Of these ten, just five managed to operate at profit, the remaining 37 continuing to lose money.
The biggest loss-making airports in the network for 2011 were : Barajas-El Prat (22 million) and Malaga (20.6 million), which is largely due to the high level of debt that they hold and need to make repayments on as opposed to any reflection on passenger number flying to the airport.
However there is a little hope for improvement as the overall earnings before Interest, taxes and deductions (EBITDA) for the airports grew by 50% to reach 856 million euros, with 19 of the 47 airports having a positive EBITDA.
Latest News & Stories
- New businesses in Spain rises by 0.5 pct in 2015
- 2 New cases of Zika in Spain brings total to 9
- Spain housing sales rise 11.1 percent in 2015 y/y
- Session to name Spain’s next PM may take place in early March
- Podemos deputies to be moved from “nosebleed section” of Congress
- Spanish 2016 growth could be less than forecast
- Spain shelves case against former ally of Mexican president
- Spain's Princess Cristina returns to court in tax fraud trial
- Olive oil prices jumped almost 20% in 2015
- IBM Spain to withdraw redundancy plan
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Benefits in Spain and 'La Ley de Dependencia'
- Car Seats For Children - The Law In Spain