How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 26 August 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Bolivia follow Argentina in seizing control of Spanish companies
Following Argentina's recent example in seizing control of YPF from Spain's Repsol, the Bolivians have jumped on the bandwagon.
The Bolivian President, Evo Morales, has ordered his Army to assume control of 'La Transporta Electricidad', 99.4% of whose shares are owned by by Spain's REE Red Electrica Espanola, and who operates and owns 73% of the electricity infrastructure in Bolivia.
Morales called the move "A just homage to the Bolivian people who have fought for the recovery of the resources", and maintained that he would pay a fair price to REE to the value of what they had invested in the country.
The Spanish Government issued a statement saying that it was simply studying the move and considering any action to be taken, especially concerning the Military intervention emplyed by the Bolivians.
Latest News & Stories
- Vodafone Spain to offer fibre in 750,000 more homes by Dec
- Spanish economy powers ahead as politicians dither
- Socialists to propose law change in bid to avoid Christmas Day elections
- Vodafone Spain expands 4G roaming to 100 countries
- Public works contracts fall by 20% due to political impasse and deficit reduction
- 24 arrested in Spain in joint EU operation against child pornography
- PP accepts Ciudadanosí demand for further-reaching corruption measures
- Gibraltar signs LNG deal with Shell to combat electricity shortages
- Over 204,000 Moroccans Affiliated to Spanish Social Security
- Spain's Yoigo gains 19,900 mobile lines in July
- Getting your utility bills online
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them