How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 2 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Bolivia follow Argentina in seizing control of Spanish companies
Following Argentina's recent example in seizing control of YPF from Spain's Repsol, the Bolivians have jumped on the bandwagon.
The Bolivian President, Evo Morales, has ordered his Army to assume control of 'La Transporta Electricidad', 99.4% of whose shares are owned by by Spain's REE Red Electrica Espanola, and who operates and owns 73% of the electricity infrastructure in Bolivia.
Morales called the move "A just homage to the Bolivian people who have fought for the recovery of the resources", and maintained that he would pay a fair price to REE to the value of what they had invested in the country.
The Spanish Government issued a statement saying that it was simply studying the move and considering any action to be taken, especially concerning the Military intervention emplyed by the Bolivians.
Latest News & Stories
- Tax Hikes For UK Home-Owning Expats ?
- Spain unemployment benefit claims up in August
- Scottish Independence Vote Registration Looms, Expats Nervous
- Spain Struggles With 'Brain-Drain Exodus'
- Spain new car sales up 13.7 pct yr/yr in August
- AENA blames this weekend's flight delays on computer crash
- Britain's Barclays to sell Spanish assets to Caixabank
- Corvera Airline Deadline Slips Again, Airline Confirms Interest
- Civil Guards suspected of stealing pro-independence Catalan flag
- Ryanair eyes stake in Spanish Airports listing
- Getting your utility bills online
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them