How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 9 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Bolivia follow Argentina in seizing control of Spanish companies
Following Argentina's recent example in seizing control of YPF from Spain's Repsol, the Bolivians have jumped on the bandwagon.
The Bolivian President, Evo Morales, has ordered his Army to assume control of 'La Transporta Electricidad', 99.4% of whose shares are owned by by Spain's REE Red Electrica Espanola, and who operates and owns 73% of the electricity infrastructure in Bolivia.
Morales called the move "A just homage to the Bolivian people who have fought for the recovery of the resources", and maintained that he would pay a fair price to REE to the value of what they had invested in the country.
The Spanish Government issued a statement saying that it was simply studying the move and considering any action to be taken, especially concerning the Military intervention emplyed by the Bolivians.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain’s struggling Socialists could have a new leader by summer
- Lycamobile Spain unlimited calls, 3GB bundle down to EUR 10
- Apple Pay launches in Spain
- Spain detains 30 in operation targetting illegal firearms
- Spain's Tuenti launches festive promo, offers 4GB for EUR 14
- Two left dead by torrential rains and flooding in southern Spain
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years
- Getting your utility bills online
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them