How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Bolivia follow Argentina in seizing control of Spanish companies
Following Argentina's recent example in seizing control of YPF from Spain's Repsol, the Bolivians have jumped on the bandwagon.
The Bolivian President, Evo Morales, has ordered his Army to assume control of 'La Transporta Electricidad', 99.4% of whose shares are owned by by Spain's REE Red Electrica Espanola, and who operates and owns 73% of the electricity infrastructure in Bolivia.
Morales called the move "A just homage to the Bolivian people who have fought for the recovery of the resources", and maintained that he would pay a fair price to REE to the value of what they had invested in the country.
The Spanish Government issued a statement saying that it was simply studying the move and considering any action to be taken, especially concerning the Military intervention emplyed by the Bolivians.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now
- Getting your utility bills online
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them