How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 27 November 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
New car sales reach near 20 year low in April
Sales of new vehicles in Spain slumped to an almost 20-year low in April as the recession and escalating taxes and austerity measures took their toll on the consumer, industry figures showed yesterday.
Sales fell 21.7% from the same period in 2011 to 56,250, according to a report by the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers, noting that the market shows little sign of improvement in the coming months.Last year the association noted that car sales fell 17.7% to 808,059 — the lowest since 1993, adding that the April 2012 sales volumes were fare below levels not seen since the early 1990s.
“An immediate result of this continuous fall in the market is that it increases the vulnerability of our factories,” association director David Barrientos said in a statement.
Spain has no major car manufacturer of it's own but plays host to 18 manufacturing facilities for 10 different foreign-owned carmakers, making it the second-biggest producer in Europe after France.
Latest News & Stories
- Rajoy: “There is no such thing as generalized corruption in Spain”
- Spain allocates EU52 Mln for rural broadband deployment
- Spain Experts Prepare Stem Cell Transplant against HIV
- Rajoy to declare new anti-corruption law
- Spain Hosts China - Catalonia Tourism Meeting
- Spanish region bans use of smartphones in schools
- Spain hands EU21 Mln aid to gaming industry
- Spain's health minister resigns
- 70% of UK Expats in Spain 'Lifers'
- Spain's public deficit to September falls from year-ago period
- Checks to make before buying a used car in Spain
- How to scrap a UK Car in Spain
- How to Import or Re-register a UK Car In Spain
- How to Apply for a Spanish Driving Licence
- Buying a Car in Spain