How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 28 August 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Unions call Teachers strike for May 22nd
Spain's largest teaching unions : The CCOO; ANPE; CSIF; STES and UGT are planning to hold a day of strike action on May 22nd to in protest against further proposed government cuts in the state education system.
The leaders of the Unions issued a joint statement to the media explaining how the cuts applied by the regional and central governments will equate to around 25-30% of the total budget for state education.
A consequence of the cuts will be that classes once again become larger : Up to 30 per class in infant schools; 36 in secondary schools, and as many as 46 in 6th form colleges.
Further proposals are, in the case of teacher absences, that temporary teaching staff will not be sourced for the first 2 weeks of absence - leaving the school to use existing staffing resources to cover any requirements.
Teachers over the age of 55 are also to be denied their traditional privelege of choice of lessons that they teach.
The Unions have said how this deterioration in working conditions for teachers will result in a noticeble reduction in teacher numbers, and have a serious impact on the quality and quantity of state education offered in Spanish schools.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Cleric : "Death to the Jews"
- Spain Fears Deflation
- Fitch's reviews Murcia's credit rating
- Report Into Number of Foreign Autonomos in Spain
- Happy Birthday Teruel Airport
- Spain on alert over new biker gangs
- Twitter Spain shifts profits to Ireland
- Flybe cut flights to Spain
- Germany will back Spain's de Guindos as Eurogroup head
- Spain would veto an Independent Scotland entry into EU
- Homeschooling in Spain
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Further Education in Spain
- Registering your child for state education in Spain