How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Mr Grumpy v The Spanish Lifestyle
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Unions call Teachers strike for May 22nd
Spain's largest teaching unions : The CCOO; ANPE; CSIF; STES and UGT are planning to hold a day of strike action on May 22nd to in protest against further proposed government cuts in the state education system.
The leaders of the Unions issued a joint statement to the media explaining how the cuts applied by the regional and central governments will equate to around 25-30% of the total budget for state education.
A consequence of the cuts will be that classes once again become larger : Up to 30 per class in infant schools; 36 in secondary schools, and as many as 46 in 6th form colleges.
Further proposals are, in the case of teacher absences, that temporary teaching staff will not be sourced for the first 2 weeks of absence - leaving the school to use existing staffing resources to cover any requirements.
Teachers over the age of 55 are also to be denied their traditional privelege of choice of lessons that they teach.
The Unions have said how this deterioration in working conditions for teachers will result in a noticeble reduction in teacher numbers, and have a serious impact on the quality and quantity of state education offered in Spanish schools.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish debt hits 93.4% of GDP
- UK MP : Spain's Fishermen are "a Menace"
- Spain says NO as Catalonia referendum date set
- Spain's El Gordo Lottery Tax Breakdown
- 3 Earthquakes in Lorca, Murcia
- Spain Appoints Cybersecurity Council
- Sale of Spain's Ciudad Real Airport Underway
- Spain expects 10'000 Bankruptcies in 2013
- Contract awarded to complete works at Castellon Airport
- Major delays with UK-Spain flights this weekend
- Homeschooling in Spain
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Further Education in Spain
- Registering your child for state education in Spain