How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 20 April 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Idea of an independent Catalonia gets a NATO no-go
The EU has made it clear on many occasions that if Catalonia, or Scotland, decide to become independent, they will be excluded from the collective and will have to negotiate their re-entry with the 28 member states, all of which have a vote. Now, NATO has said the same will apply.
"For any nation to be incorporated into the alliance the consensus of all the NATO allies will be necessary," a spokesman for the alliance, which also has 28 member nations, said on Monday, adding that it was purely a hypothetical matter. NATO has no hard-and-fast rules over the independence of part of a member state, but can invite a nation to join the treaty.
Scotland's first minister, Alex Salmond, has said that his preference is to remain within both the EU and NATO. Catalonia's stance is the same. However, membership of both organizations requires the unanimous vote of the 28 adherents, meaning that Spain, or any other country, could theoretically block Catalonia's entry into the EU.
Latest News & Stories
- Murcia's San Javier Aiport : Not the best of legacies for Corvera
- Orange Spain invests EUR 30 mln in Seville 4G rollout
- Spain inaugurates Galicia high-speed line
- Spain's PP seen losing Valencia seats in Elections
- Spanish Mortgage lending expected to boost house prices in 2015
- Spain says 2014 public deficit was 5.69% of GDP
- Spain's opposition leader backs anti-abortion law by accident
- Spain investigates sinking of fuel-laden ship off Canary Islands
- Gibraltar would seek to preserve EU ties if Britain voted to leave
- Spanish hourly wages fall further from euro-zone average
- What is the IBI Tax and How is it Calculated ?
- What is a Geotechnical survey and when would I need one ?
- What is a Community of Residents and what does it do ?