How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 24 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Idea of an independent Catalonia gets a NATO no-go
The EU has made it clear on many occasions that if Catalonia, or Scotland, decide to become independent, they will be excluded from the collective and will have to negotiate their re-entry with the 28 member states, all of which have a vote. Now, NATO has said the same will apply.
"For any nation to be incorporated into the alliance the consensus of all the NATO allies will be necessary," a spokesman for the alliance, which also has 28 member nations, said on Monday, adding that it was purely a hypothetical matter. NATO has no hard-and-fast rules over the independence of part of a member state, but can invite a nation to join the treaty.
Scotland's first minister, Alex Salmond, has said that his preference is to remain within both the EU and NATO. Catalonia's stance is the same. However, membership of both organizations requires the unanimous vote of the 28 adherents, meaning that Spain, or any other country, could theoretically block Catalonia's entry into the EU.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now
- What is the IBI Tax and How is it Calculated ?
- What is a Geotechnical survey and when would I need one ?
- What is a Community of Residents and what does it do ?