How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 24 August 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Funeral costs to increase over next 5 years ?
It was recently reported that the cost of dying has risen by more than 40% over the last few years alone – with the average cost of a funeral coming in at around £7000.
The average costs of probate, funeral and other associated expenses, such as newspaper notices, flowers and a memorial has reached now reached £7,098, according to research into the industry.
The cost of a funeral alone has increased by as much as 7.2% over the last year to £2,768, and if prices continue to rise at their current rate, then the same funeral is estimated to cost as much as £3,589 by 2014 – a growth of almost 32% !
Last year almost half of those who died had made some kind of provision to cover the costs of their funeral, some 58% relied personal savings, 26% had a life insurance plan that would cover these costs and 19% had taken out a pre-paid funeral plan.
Those who had not made specific provision for funeral costs usually had the costs taken form their estate, but in some cases the friend or family member arranging the funeral met the costs themselves.
Currently approximately 75% of people are cremated, which carries an average cost of £2,455, with the remainder being buried instead, at a cost of around £3,030. However, this cost varies considerably throughout the Country as each Town or Parish determines the costs themselves – The average cost for burial in the Greater London area currently stands at an average of £4’715.
The majority of funerals still include a religious service, however, 17% of people are now opting for a humanist one instead.
Strong believers and supporters of the environment are opting for a green funeral instead. This figure currently stands at around 8%, but the number is expected to grow over coming years. The costs associated with this are slightly more due to the cost of the cardboard or wicker coffins used in these circumstances.
A pre-paid funeral plan will allow your loved ones to be able to finance the whole procedure and to be able to know that they are complying with your final wishes at what can be a very stressful time. Why not contact Golden Leaves today via the link to our page (above) to see how we can help to find a plan that meets with your wishes.
More Blogs By Barry Floyd
- Why Plan your Funeral now ?
- Why Choose a Golden Leaves Funeral Plan ?
- Funeral Plans in Spain - Some FAQ's
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- What exactly is 'QROPS' ?
- Spanish Non-Resident Property Tax
- Black Money in Spain
- Inheritance Tax in Spain
- NIE Number
- Working for a UK Employer in Spain
- Duty Free Allowances
- How can I claim my Winter Fuel Allowance ?
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained
- Benefits in Spain and 'La Ley de Dependencia'
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain