How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update - 27 March 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
No Madrid Tolls : Rajoy
Yesterday's comments to the press by the Regional President of Madrid regarding the introduction of tolls on a number of the region's roads have been denied by the PM.
Esperanza Aguirre spoke of the proposal to introduce tolls on a number of roads around the capital as the region could not afford to pay the 30 Million Euro per year fee for their maintenance.
The Mayor of the City of Madrid, Ana Botella, is also in favour of the introduction of something similar to the congestion charge in central London, but would prefer not to introduce a toll on the city's motorways.
However, Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy denies that any such decision has been taken, and that the proposal has not been scheduled for discussion by the cabinet.
All three politicians are representatives of the Partido Popular (PP).
Latest News & Stories
- Saloufest 2015 underway
- Murcia's San Javier Airport not to close imminently
- Spanish train maker Talgo eyeing share listing in May
- 23 'Decontaminated' in Madrid terror alert
- Spain Pilots unions claims '2 person rule' ineffictive
- Happy 4th Birthday Castellon Airport !
- Telefónica to triple Spain's ADSL speeds before summer
- None of Spain's AVE high-speed rail lines profitable
- Spain launches new EU153 Mln smart city initiative
- Bank of Spain expects 2.8% growth in Q1
- Motoring & parking fines and how to pay them
- Motorways & Tolls in Spain
- Mopeds and Motorcycles in Spain