How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
No Madrid Tolls : Rajoy
Yesterday's comments to the press by the Regional President of Madrid regarding the introduction of tolls on a number of the region's roads have been denied by the PM.
Esperanza Aguirre spoke of the proposal to introduce tolls on a number of roads around the capital as the region could not afford to pay the 30 Million Euro per year fee for their maintenance.
The Mayor of the City of Madrid, Ana Botella, is also in favour of the introduction of something similar to the congestion charge in central London, but would prefer not to introduce a toll on the city's motorways.
However, Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy denies that any such decision has been taken, and that the proposal has not been scheduled for discussion by the cabinet.
All three politicians are representatives of the Partido Popular (PP).
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Prado loses 885 peices of art
- BBVA expects profit boost from Catalunya Banc purchase
- Spain sets rules for dealing with unaccompanied foreign children
- Catalan Separatists Say Debt Investors Can Help Campaign
- Travel authorities call for responsible tourism in Spain after sex scandal
- Spain's AENA appoints banks for IPO
- Spain sets another record for foreign tourism
- Gibraltar says data proves Spain border queues are deliberate
- BBVA to buy Spain's nationalized Catalunya Banc
- Spain set to double rail accident compensation
- Motoring & parking fines and how to pay them
- Motorways & Tolls in Spain
- Mopeds and Motorcycles in Spain